6.19.2011

Happy Father's Day

For My Father On Father's Day Today !
Saying a silent Prayer and Wishing my Father A Happy Father's Day


(Picture of my Father & Me 11-2004)

Yes to day is the day for Father's, a very happy day to many sons, daughters, Dad's, Father's, Grandfather's. It used to be a very Happy day for me, for I would go out and buy cards for my Father a month in advance, when I was a little tike I would go to a store called Woolworths to see what I could but for my Father. to me it always had to be something so very special as he was. Oh yes I always did get him something, that I always thought was so very special for my Father, I would get a Tie, or Cologne, not knowing at that time in my life that I was buying him junk, but My Father would always accept it with the card that I bought and/or made just for him, with never telling me once that he did not like it.
Yes to me my Father was very special. for I remember when the two of us would go to the shore and go fishing in a motor boat, with it being to me at that time,it was a big boat. Little did I know that it was just more or less probably less, just a row boat with a motor. But oh what fond memories I have of all those days we went fishing. The summer vacation our Family spent at the shore, the time we would go to Gino's Hamburgers now better known as KFC for lunch for I thought it was a great place to have lunch with my father. He liked it and always ordered the Sirloin Cheese burger and fries as I did too and we both got a soda. Oh what great memories I have of my Father, not only on Father's day but eally I think of my Father oh so very often. really great memories of when we would go out to MatLacks to get ice cream, the best in the world, but not in business any more it is now a Car Dealership. The times we would go play minature golf, of course I know now that he let me win. The times I would go with him to watch him bowl for my Father bowled on a league, not professional but to me oh yes it was for I remember him receiving a trophy, I was so proud of my Father when he would be handed one of those Trophies.
My Father fought in WWII and the stories that he wold tell me about his days in that he served his country during WWII, it is amazing they let him stay in there, for I remember him telling me that he had to drive a Jeep and he didn't have a clue as to how to drive a stick shift so he drove it all the way to where ever he was to be taking a General in 2nd gear. Oh the stories he would tell about his service to our Country, yes they will stay with me forever as will my Father. I understand now that my Father is now home with God, it will it will be 7 years this December, What I finally understand is that even though I do not have my Father with me, I have been blessed with so many wonderful and loving Memories, for you see "when God Called my Father Home he did leave me a gift of Fond Memories in exchange."

I Love You Dad, Happy Father's Day.
God Bless you and may your Soul rest in eternal peace.
My Father was also my Dad and Daddy. He was a loving man that I am Pproud to say that he and my Mother chose me to be their Daughter, for you see I was Adopted, what a Pleasant Gift, for me, that was Blessed from God ! My Father and Mother.

No comments: