7.19.2020

Birthday Weekend

It was Mike's Birthday Thursday, sadly he had to work,  But I did go downstairs with his presents and 8 cards, he was so surprised, I had breakfast with him, sort of, oatmeal.  Then went up and back to bed, for I knew I had allot to do.  I was making homemade spaghetti sauce and our favorite Angel Hair Pasta.  Yes I did make it for him and did the wash.   When he walked in the house he smiled saying "it smells so good, can't wait to eat.  It is very unusual not to be able to go to our favorite restaurant, Catardo's to celebrate his special day.  Things are so different now, we did have each other and that is what is most important to us.  so here are some pics of the day



 May all of His Wishes Come True For Him
Today Was National Ice Cream Day Favorite Day of the Month for me and Mike;s B-Day 

Well we couldn't do too much this Brutally Hot Hot Hot Weekend. Saturday we Went to the Dollar store, I had to get some cards for expectant mom's. Soldiers' Angels The Moms are the wives of a Military Husband.  Love to do this, also got Birthday Cards to send to Veterans. Then we stopped by Walmart, i did get my raisin cinnamon bagels,  Mike got his diet sweet Iced Tea. New mattress Sterns & Foster came. Well we finally left for outside wow was it ever hot, I got in the car, stupid move, I sat there while Mike was putting the stuff in the trunk, it was so hot, my skin was burning. Mike couldn't believe I was not sweating, I truly don't sweat. Got home in the house I flopped on the couch, we both ate a very very light dinner.  I finally ate some ice cream, it actually cooled my body down, I felt horrible.    We got up early, wasn't too hot out, we did all we had to do.  got home I survived being out in the heat! , kept falling to sleep off and on.  I did have to go to CVS and get a Pneumonia Vaccine.   We had Hoagies for dinner, that was a Birthday Dinner, that Mike wanted,  we were going to go to Applebee's and get him a Bourbon steak but, we thought about it, wouldn't be the same as if we ate there, so hoagies were the best choice, I ate almost t 1/2 of mine, Mike will take the rest of mine for his lunch Monday. For dessert I had Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Mike had a Klondike Bar,  it was enjoyable.  I didn't do any exercise since Friday night, felt sort of guilty, I knew I couldn't with the way the heat took me over.  but I did get to do 132 miles tonight, 1,000 calories burned/  Well that was how you kind of spend a Birthday for the Man that I love so much.  Wish I could have done more but with this pandemic, has really  put a big STOP on all.  But Mike said he enjoyed it allot.
Did learn to stay out of this heat, they did have a Heat warning for today and have one for tomorrow monday, I'll be staying in my house writing out Christmas Cards for Veterans, It's Christmas in July
Merry Christmas All  take care Be well

No comments: