2.13.2012

Wonderful Evening With Family


Pleasant Time At The PUB


Last night was such a very pleasant evening, for Mike and I went out to dinner with my Sister,and Brother in-law to the PUB. I love that restaurant so very much for they have the best salad bar any where with allot of anchovies, my favorite of course and Zucchini Bread which is out of this world.
It was so nice to have an evening out for dinner with them, for we have not seen them since I believe Christmas Day.
Will we arrived at the OUB gave our name and how many would be having dinner there. Then in walked my sister and Brother in-law, so it was back up to the hostess desk to tell here that the completed party of 4 was ready to be seated. So we were.

They had the place all decorated with Hearts, Valentine Balloons, silver and white snow flakes, Cupids,it was very well done.
The restaurant was very crowded, but still some what comfortable where they sat us.
Then we looked at the menus to find out that you had to order off of the Valentine Dinner Menu, not fair at all for it was not Valentines day. My sister had a baked potato and the salad bar, I had the supposedly grilled marinated chicken breast, Mike had the ribs and chicken, and my Brother in-law had a very nice looking steak. After placing our order with the waitress it was off to attack the salad bar, I went right to the Caesar Salad and just removed all of the anchovies a few croutons then moved on to get some cranberry orange relish, sliced a few pieces of swiss cheese and cooper sharp then finally took about 5 pieces of the zucchini bread, they are small little cubes and back to our table I went. I ate all of my anchovies first, then tasted the cranberry orange zest relish, OH NO it was horrible way to tart for me, I make it at home all the time and do get there every time I go there but this was BAD. Left that alone moved on to some cheese and of course the zucchini bread, SO GOOD. Finally the waitress brought our meals, Everyone seemed to be pleased with appearance of their meals. I tried my grilled marinated chicken, have to say you really needed a fork and a sledge hammer to get a piece of it to taste. I finally tasted it, AWFUL, as if they cooked it and re-cooked it in the microwave way too long. I ate my baked potato and that was very good. Then my Sister did see the Manager of The Pub and I wold him about the chicken he asked if I wanted a steak or a filet I said no thank you, he then asked what about a vegetable kabob, I once again said No Thank you. Then a little while later the manager snuck up on the side of me scaring me so I thought I was going to jump through the roof for I honestly did not see him but, I did hear him quietly whisper "what about a nice piece of chocolate cake" I said No Thank you, then he asked about Key Lime pie, and went on and on then he asked what do I like and I told him I like their White Chocolate White chocolate Chip vanilla cake, and yes he did bring me a rather large piece with whip cream on it. Oh it looked so great, I could not thank the gentleman enough, and then we ordered our coffee, I got a box for to take the cake home. My Sister had to leave a little early for she had to put eye drops in her eyes and they were at home. So we said out Bye See You Later.
I would have preferred Sooner than Later but they are so very busy I can understand. I was just so very HAPPY to see them.

Yes have to say all in all it was a very pleasant evening with wonderful company to have dinner with, the Grilled Marinated Chicken well I know not to ever order that again, but they were not making my grilled salmon so that was about all that I could choose. The PUB was very crowded so I can't say that it was their fault things happen and it just happen to have to happen to what I ordered. Everyone else enjoyed their meals, and I did enjoy what I ate from the salad bar and then the manager sending me home with my most favorite cake in the universe, that I usually only get it on my Birthday there. Guess it was sort of like having an early Birthday.
I thank you D. S. and S. S. for we really enjoyed ourselves and the time we spent with the both of you, hopefully we will get to do it again soon and the dinner or brunch will be our treat.
Sorry D.S. that I really did not talk to much last night guess I had allot on my mind about going into the hospital to get the TEE procedure done on Valentines Day. I honestly did have a very pleasant evening and did love seeing the both of you again.
Well That Was My Pleasant Sunday.

02.11.2012 SATURDAY, we were supposed to go to a Surprise 50th Birthday Party for a friend but we did not go I just wanted to stay home and watch movies, Mike could have went, for I told him he could have but, instead he stayed with me and we ordered out for Chicken cheese steak for me and a pizza steak for Mike oh and French Fries for Shiloh. It was a nice Saturday all in all for we did get a little bit of snow and just laid around the family room all day and evening watching movies and being with each other. I did enjoy that allot, till we put the the news on and they announced that Whitney Houston had passed away, what a shock and a such a sorrowful loss to the music world.

No comments: