9.05.2011

What A Great Saturday 9.3.11

Went out for we were supposed to go to Famous Footwear for I saw these great boots in an advertisement, that of course I knew I just had to have. Mike wanted to go to Best Buys first. I thought well that would be great for I do need a new modem for the internet and I am sure they would have one that would work with my Comcast Service.
In the car we got and on our way. Really could not believe all the idiots out there on the roads, you might have thought that it was Black friday.
Finally we are there. Mike made a very quick bee line to the CDs for that Gift Card that he received for his Birthday had to be burning a hole in his pocket by now. I headed over to the modems to see if they had the one that I needed. But, I never made it there for I ran smack into the Cell Phone Department. Big sale on Verizon Phones, others too but since I deal with Verizon I looked at their phones found one that I knew from the minute I saw it that I just had to have that phone. Sales Man came over to help me we talked about the pone played with it, and instantly after all that said OK I want this one. Could not beat the price after he looked up my Account, the Total Price was fREE, as was the hard-shell case. Then it was 20% off of any accessories I honestly did not need any, but he showed me the shield that would protect the touch screen, so I agreed to it. Them along came Mike with 3 CDs in his hands, and I said to him "you know that you are entitled to an upgrade with your phone too that is on my contract so he went and looked and found one he liked for it was sort of like his. We showed it to the sales Man and he looked at my Account again and said" yes he can have that phone for FREE also". I asked the Sales Man if they were refurbished phones or trade in phones, and he showed me they were all BRAND NEW PHONES, way too many boxes of them to be old, used, or refurbished Phones. So we left there with our new and old original phones, (of which mine finally Bit The Dust right then and there for the Salesman looked at it and said it is the processor, that went) and the CDs that he bought with the Gift Card. Great sale on CDs. There were no Mail In Rebates, Nothing the Phones were FREE and Mike and I were HAPPY. Left there it was rather later than we thought for we were in there for a little over 2 or more hours. NO I never did get to look for a new Modem and NO I never made it to Famous Footwear to buy those great Boots. We went out to dinner, Mike liked his, I am still trying to figure out what they gave me to eat. Let me just put it this way it was supposed to be pasta in white sauce, but OH NO it was not even close. I tasted it and got instantly sick to my stomach, the waitress must have seen the look on my face, for she asked is something wrong and I told her that I could not eat what I ordered so she asked "would you like something else" so I ordered the Roast turkey. It was very good, but I only ate a very small portion for I was really feeling quite sick to my stomach so home in a doggy bag it went for Shiloh. This is the second time we have stopped there for dinner and the second time it was horrible for me, Mike got the broiled Flounder he said it was very good. Then again it seems as if anything Mike eats he likes. I kept telling the waitress I was sorry, but she told me "not to worry about it for it did not look very appetizing to her when she brought it out, for she thought that I would be not be happy with it" How correct she was. Left there stopped to buy some greeting cars then finally home to the "Little House In The woods". Shiloh was so happy but first she just ran out the door to take care of her business then came in to greet us she is so funny. So we watched NASCAR, played with our phones, as if we were little kids at Christmas with our new toys. I was just so happy to find a phone I liked with all that it can do have to say I like the camera in it the best with a 16GB sd Card, that will hold allot of photos and music. Takes great pictures have to admit that as does Mikes too. So we stayed up rather late taking pictures and just playing with them calling the home phone then calling each other. Yes must admit that the Child in us came out while we were trying out our new phones. At least we had allot of FUN TIME.
Must be going now for it is late and Labor day is now here, Bar- B - Q Time later on, hoping the rain forecasted will hold off till later in the evening.
HAPPY LABOR DAY TO ALL

No comments: