5.20.2012

What A Great Day Full OF Fun

Yes have to say that today was a fun day. We had some friends over that stopped off in South Philadelphia, so they could bring something really special, Cannollis and these great out of this world cookies from an Italian bakery they go to allot. What a wonderful surprise that was.

They also brought their fantastic home made potato salad, never tasted anything like it in my life, oh yes Mike and I enjoyed it. It was made with red potatoes, carrots, celery seed, garlic, mayo, white wine , salt and pepper. To tell you the truth I would have been happy just eating that.
We went out shopping earlier today and got the vine tomatoes, mushrooms and onions, and then marinated the onions and mushrooms in EVOO and minced garlic then cooked on the grille oh so good, none of them were left they were gone before we started on the potato salad. We had it buffet style, for I had everything laid out on the kitchen Breakfast Bar, it is so much easier to entertain that way. Everything is out there take what you want then we went and ate in the family room. Very relaxing and an all out great time.

Of course we also bought the lean turkey burgers, Angus Burgers, and Hebrew National Hot Dogs, and rolls, and Amish Macoronni Salad.

All I can say is if you left here hungry well it sure was not my fault or Mikes.

For dessert we had Red Velvet Cake that my son brought over, my favorite, and of course the cannolis, so delicious and finally the Italian Cookies that were never opened but, that was Okay for I love them so much and I will not waste them no way.

Oh why of course Miss Shiloh was there for she had an Angus Burger and her carrots and was so happy about that. Yes her meal was "SUGAR FREE"

Cleaned up loaded the dishwasher, Mike cleaned the grill and then we just sat around eating our dessert, talking and laughing, just having a great time.

So glad the bad weather we were supposed to have, held off.

Have to say I am so very exhausted I best get going for I think I hear my bed calling my name.
Hope all had a very good weekend or just a fabulous Sunday as we all did in The "Little House In The Woods" Having the first BBQ of the Season.
GOODNIGHT

No comments: